Thursday 30 April 2015

April 2015 Wrap-up

book reviews
Hello fellow readers! After months and months (and months and months, etc. etc.) of not reading, April 2015 is the month that I fell in love with reading all over again. I hadn't read anything for a very long time. Instead, I was letting myself become overwhelmed with the stresses of university and work, and my large pile of books became severely neglected. But I am so happy to announce that I am working through that pile once again!

I began April by re-reading two of my all time favourite novels -- allowing me to fall in love with reading all over again. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is one of my favourite novels, ever. The characters, the plots and the numerous twists and turns all contribute to the book's absolute awesomeness. I rated it five stars. The second that I read that allowed me to fall in love with reading again was The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, which I rated five stars as well. Who doesn't love The Hunger Games?!

The last two books that I read for April was the first two books of The Maze Runner series. The Maze Runner by James Dashner, which I rated four stars due to a slow beginning, and The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (the review will be posted this upcoming Saturday). I decided to read the books after watching the first movie. I love that the books offer a lot more than the movie, especially regarding the characters: their personalities and their background. 

How was April for you? How much reading did you get done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com