Sunday 26 April 2015

My Writing Process: Setting and Accomplishing Goals

Last Sunday, I decided to set myself a goal in regards to my current Work in Progress (WIP): write between 10,000 and 15,000 words.

I prefer to set myself some goals -- whether they be long-term or short-term -- when I attempt to do anything; whether that be writing or reading or work or university or something else entirely. Ultimately, I like to feel the satisfaction of accomplishing something that I set my mind to (sometimes feeling proud of one's self is a rarity, so why not relish in it?). And after this previous week, I am definitely feeling that satisfaction.

The current WIP that I am writing is a young adult science fiction story. I am not writing this story with the hope of someday seeing it published; but instead, I am writing it for a mixture of both fun and practice. I managed to write 15,000 or so words this past week (they are completely unedited, I must add). This means that it now stands at 45,000 words. It has been a very long time since I have written that many words for one project. 

I am very proud of myself right now.

This Upcoming Week's Writing Goal: Write between 5,000 and 10,000 words.

What is your writing goal for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com