Wednesday 1 April 2015

Hello My Writing and Reading Lovelies!

*waves enthusiastically* Hello, hello! I would like to welcome all of my fellow writing and reading lovelies to my new blog, Imaginary Worlds, dedicated to my writing adventures, book reviews and weekly book challenges. I was inspired to create this blog after rejoining Goodreads after a three-year-long hiatus, as well as wanting a place to keep myself not only motivated to write, but to document the process.

Firstly, I would like to introduce myself to all of you. My name is Madeline Johnston. I am a twenty-year-old university student from a small, cold city in Australia. I love losing myself in good Young Adult novels, especially fantasy, paranormal and science fiction, though I do tend to read novels dedicated to an older audience, however, they must be fantasy or supernatural related. My favourite book series is Game of Thrones, with The Mortal Instruments being a close second. Additionally, through my love of reading, I have always been passionate about writing and have dreamed of someday becoming a published author. However, I have always doubted my writing abilities. Consequently, I have held myself back purely because I have believed that I am not good enough. But. I am very determined to continue practicing my beloved craft.


Despite a current case of absolutely terrible, horrid and all-consuming writer's block, -- that is completely taking over my life and turning me into a frustrated mess -- I am working on a novel that has been in the works since I was seventeen-years-old. I have been re-working it, on-and-off, and it has grown and developed as I have experienced a multitude of life lessons (graduating high school, losing loved ones, travelling to Cambodia, etc) and have participated in a number of writing classes. Therefore, I have grown as an individual because of them and so has my writing. Additionally, the characters are a huge part of me -- the protagonist, the secondary characters and the antagonists -- and I cannot imagine not writing about them.

I look forward to getting to know all of you; and I hope you enjoy the content that I have chosen to post: my writing adventures, writing tips, book reviews, weekly book challenges and some amazing television series, mostly Game of Thrones

Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com