Sunday 19 April 2015

My Writing Process: Slowing Down

I really wish that I could be writing you guys a nice long post about my writing progress this week. But this past week has been incredibly busy. My university workload (i.e. assignments, lectures and meetings) has increased, along with my work hours, leaving me feeling stressed, tired and overworked. Unfortunately, this has drastically affected my writing time. When I come home, I don't feel like writing -- I feel like going to bed. Whilst last week I wrote 22,428 words, I have barely written five thousand this week. At first I was feeling discouraged, but then I realised something.

My creative juices have not died.

This time my lack of writing was not due to a sudden onset of writer's block, but rather due to a lack of time. What this has taught me, though, is that it is okay for your writing progress to slow down. It doesn't matter if you take time off, or that you don't write as many words as you did the previous week. Instead, what matters is that you don't give up and that you simply pick yourself up the following week.

My Writing Goal for This Week is: write between 10,000 - 15,000 words.

What is your writing goal for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com